NEUROTOXIN Injections AND DERMAL FILLERS
- Neurotoxin and Dermal filler injections are popular treatments throughout the world that are used to enhance beauty and youth. All injectable treatments are aimed at reducing the visibility of wrinkles in the face and creating fullness and structure, however they work differently to achieve this result.
- As we age, we go through a natural aging process where our skin loses collagen and structure. Our facial fat pads also start to thin, and in combination with gravity, can result in “saggy” skin. Additionally, when our skin starts to thin the muscle’s actions underneath the skin tend to be more visible (wrinkles).
- Neurotoxin is injected into certain muscles to rest the muscle, in turn reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Dermal fillers are hyaluronic acids are natural acids that play an important role in hydrating and volumizing the skin. Unfortunately as we age, our skin loses its collagen and hyaluronic acid. With the help of dermal filler injections, we can restore collagen and fullness in the face, allowing one to regain youth like appearance.
- Both injectable products have valuable uses. They are often used in combination to achieve optimum results.
- Schedule your free 15 minute video consultation to discuss the best treatment plan for you!
- Please come with a clean, make-up and moisturizer free face.
- Please avoid dental work two weeks prior and two weeks post all dermal filler injections.
- To reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising for both neurotoxin and filler injections, avoid the following for at least 2-5 days prior to treatments:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Fish Oil
- St. Johns Wart
- If under the care of another physician (i.e. primary care provider or cardiologist) please consult with them prior to stopping any of the above medications.
- We recommend Arnica Montana 30c (pellets) to use pre and post filler to reduce swelling/bruising. Drip Docx sells an arnica tablet and gel bundle pack that you can purchase during/after your appointment.
- For filler procedures, if you have a history of oral herpes simplex, you should be pre-treated with anti-viral such as Acyclovir or Valtrex prior to and after procedure to avoid a breakout. Please contact 1-833-DRIPDOX if you have HSV, do not have this medication at home, and are scheduled for a filler procedure.
- If you are prone to fainting, PLEASE eat a large meal AND drink a sugary beverage BEFORE coming in.
- During your procedure, a medical professional will assess your face and speak to you about your expectations. A treatment plan will be discussed with you, and upon your acceptance, the procedures will be performed.
- During the procedure, you may feel some pain from the injections, but it is generally a light pain. You are also given a vibrating distracting tool to help ease the pain. Patients uniformly tolerate these injections quite well.
- You may also get a dental block prior to lip injections.
- Bruising and swelling post-procedure, particularly post dermal fillers, is common and can be mitigated with Arnica and OTC antihistamines such as Zyrtec or Benadryl.
- After neurotoxin injections, you should notice an improvement in your wrinkles and facial appearance by the end of the first week, however, full results will not be seen until 2 weeks post-injection.
- After dermal filler injections, you will begin to see the results from your procedure immediately or soon after the procedure. It may still take 1-2 weeks to achieve optimum results however.
- It is important to be patient and wait the full two weeks before considering further injections. Refinement is an important step in your treatment, where any irregularities may be addressed. You should make a follow up appointment at the two week mark to ensure you are happy with your results.
- You may have some redness of the skin around the injection sites. You may also notice some very slight swelling that will subside by the first day or two. Though uncommon, you may have a small amount of bleeding from the injection sites and may develop bruising. If you notice either of these, hold pressure for fifteen minutes and apply cold compresses for a few minutes (make sure ice pack is sanitized before applying).
- We recommend Arnica tablets and Arnica gel and/or cream for post procedure bruising and swelling. Drip Docx sells a bundle kit that contains arnica cream and tablets.
- You may take Arnica Montana 30c 5 pellets under the tongue, 3x a day for 1-2 weeks, as needed for bruising/swelling.
- For neurotoxin injections, you may resume normal activities the NEXT day, as tolerated.
- For filler, you may resume exercise 48 hours post-injections.
- You may work out before either injection.
- Remain upright (no bending over or reclining) for four hours after either injection.
- Do not massage or scratch the injection site to prevent filler migration.
- Avoid makeup for 24 hours post injections.
- Do not get a massage or lay on your face the same day after treatment.
- If using ice for post treatment swelling/bruising, make sure the surface of ice pack has been sanitized.
- Avoid saunas and steam baths for two weeks post injections.
Narges is a certified neurotoxin and dermal filler aesthetician with over 13 years of experience in the medical field, 6 of those years as a medical assistant and the other 7 years as a PA. She has received extensive neurotoxin and filler training, shadowing, and hands on training to ensure her clients get the best results and service. Book a free 15 minute virtual consultation to see how neurotoxin and filler injections may benefit you.